Nwaoboshi heads to court after losing assets to FG over alleged corruption, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, whose assets were recently temporarily forfeited to the federal government goes to court against the ruling.

Just in: Nigerian senator Nwaoboshi rushes to court for losing assets over alleged corruption

The senator’s counsel, Robbert Clarke, wants the court to set aside the earlier ruling against his client – A presidential panel handling the issue had earlier written to some banks to block the senator’s accounts.

Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, on Wednesday, August 14, headed to the Federal High Court, Abuja with a suit seeking to vacate the latter’s earlier interim forfeiture order on his assets granted to the government. In a motion on notice by Nwaoboshi’s counsel, Robbert Clarke, the senator urged the court to set aside the ruling.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Justice Taiwo Taiwo, who adjourned the matter till August 19, said the decision of the court was to give all parties the room to file all the necessary processes in the interest of justice.

The presidential panel in charge of recovering stolen public properties had, on July 14, taken temporary possession of several properties allegedly owned by Nwaoboshi, representing Delta North senatorial district the special presidential investigation panel for recovery of public property sealed assets linked to Nwaoboshi.

According to Chief Okoi Obono-Obla, head of the panel, in a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday, July 14 the panel has written to four banks to block the embattled senator’s accounts. The forfeiture of the assets came weeks after the presidential panel transferred the senator’s case to the Director of Public Prosecutions of the Federation (DPPF).

In a letter accompanying the case file, dated June 7, 2019 the SPIP said it forwarded the case to the DPPF in furtherance of the inter-agency and collaborative efforts of federal government’s agencies involved in the anti-corruption war.

Leave a comment


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here