Frank Lampard: 7 interesting facts about Chelsea new manager.
Frank Lampard has been named Chelsea’s new manager and the former Stamford Bridge star will be at helm for the next three years.
The expectations for one of the favourite sons of the west London club will be high as the Blues will be looking to win their first Premier League title since the 2016-17 season. Lampard will also be leading Chelsea into the 2019-20 Champions League season knowing fully well that the Europa League have been handed a two-year transfer ban.CLICK TO SEE HIS FIRST PRESS CONFERENCE
Here are seven interesting facts about Frank Lampard which will blow your mind away.
1. Lampard signed for Chelsea in June 2001 for £11 million, making him the second costliest Blues player and the most spent by any club in the Premier League for a midfielder.
2. The 41-year-old played 648 games for the club, making 593 starts. Only Ron Harris, Peter Bonetti and John Terry have played more games than him.
3. Frank Lampard is Chelsea’s all-time leading goalscorer with 211 goals to his name, breaking Bobby Tambling’s previous 203 goals record. He also scored five hat-tricks in the process.
4. He is the club’s top all-time FA Cup scorer with 26 goals and the second highest scorer in Europe with 25, behind Didier Drogba who scored 34, as well as the second highest scorer in the League Cup with 12, behind Kerry Dixon on 25. 5. The former England international won 13 trophies wearing the Blues shirt including – three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups, two Community Shields, one Champions League, and one Europa League
6. He captained Chelsea 83 times, including in the 2012 Champions League final when John Terry was suspended
7. Lampard made his 100th appearance for Chelsea against former club West Ham, his 200th away to Barcelona, his 300th versus Wycombe in the League Cup, his 400th against Stoke City, his 500th against Man United and 600th away to Fulham. SEE JURGEN KLOPP’S IDEAS